Tuesday 20 March 2012

Jolie Petite Deco Phonecase Review




Ive followed Danielle (the lady who runs the Jolie Petite etsy store) on tumblr for quite some time, so when I saw she had some 50% off codes for the first few people to message I jumped on the chance to grab one so that my lovely boyfriend could order me a case for valentines day!
 This was on the 5th of February, and though we were aware it probably wouldnt be ready for valentines I was super stoked thinking itd get to me for hyper japan, I actually told Danielle I was looking forward to showing it off there, and she was very polite and sweet and thanked me. 
Sadly hyper japan passed and we still hadnt heard anything, so my boyfriend messaged and she said she had posted it but had been waiting for certain deco pieces and it would definitely arrive by the 29th of february, but again we didnt recieve it, so my boyfriend messaged on etsy again but had no reply. It took a comment on facebook on the 6th of march for Danielle to reply saying she would send another, and eventually I recieved my phone case on the 10th of this month, 5 weeks after I ordered despite the fact that it should take a maximum of 2-3 weeks for international orders.
Now onto a review of the case itself. I absolutely love the case, one of my friends described it as "offensively girly" and Id have to agree! I asked for one with the castle and carriage to go with the carriage ring I reviewed a while ago :)
Unfortunately however after a week of gentle use the carriage started to come loose so I had to get my stepdad to come to the rescue with glue and fix it for me.
 
and a side view
 
As you can see the piping is all really neat and pretty and theres a really nice range of different cute cabachons. But Im a little upset Im already having issues.
I also recieved two free gifts, a little rilakumma pin badge (not pictured) and a necklace. The necklace is really cute, but it doesnt have a clasp and I struggle to get it over my (average sized) head.
 

Overall Id recommend the products to anyone, the price is very good for the product (especially with special offers) and Id definitely love to buy another case in future - but while I understand that this is an independent seller making all these things by herself Im not particularly pleased with the service and I wouldnt recommend buying if you need your item in time for an event.
Price: A scoop of peppermint, with little red hot candy pieces.A scoop of peppermint, with little red hot candy pieces.A scoop of peppermint, with little red hot candy pieces.A scoop of peppermint, with little red hot candy pieces.A scoop of peppermint, with little red hot candy pieces.
Quality: A scoop of peppermint, with little red hot candy pieces.A scoop of peppermint, with little red hot candy pieces.A scoop of peppermint, with little red hot candy pieces.A scoop of peppermint, with little red hot candy pieces.
Packaging: A scoop of peppermint, with little red hot candy pieces.A scoop of peppermint, with little red hot candy pieces.A scoop of peppermint, with little red hot candy pieces.A scoop of peppermint, with little red hot candy pieces.A scoop of peppermint, with little red hot candy pieces.
Service: A scoop of peppermint, with little red hot candy pieces.A scoop of peppermint, with little red hot candy pieces.

I also recently got these nails deco pieces:
 
I love the pearl shapes! 
And this amazing blouse
 
I love it!
Thats all for now ^^
 

9 comments:

  1. ARGH I'm so jealous about that blouse, I really want it but I can't afford to travel all the way to Bristol for it because I know my luck and it probably wouldn't be there *crycry*

    Glad your case finally arrived though! So cute. I keep considering getting one, but so much added bulk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it really is! if i put it on a table it stands like three times the thickness of an iphone hehe!

      Delete
  2. What a "sweet" case (pun intended). xD It is a shame that the carriage deco part is already falling off after a few weeks of use. Love the deco pieces and the ice cream blouse is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou! yeah im a bit disappointed, it started to come loose after a week if me having it (of which id used it maybe 4 days?) but ill just keep an eye on it i guess ^^

      Delete
  3. wonderful case! it's so cute :D and I love the new shirt! I want it so much? where did you buy it? :O

    ReplyDelete
  4. The case looks so cute but what a pity that you received it so late (>_<)
    I really like those nails deco pieces! o(^-^)o

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've given you a Liebster Blog Award: http://fireextinquisher.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/liebster-blog-award.html

    Now you should pick 5 blogs to pass it on to =3

    ReplyDelete