Wednesday 22 June 2011

Lolita 30 Day Challenge

Hello lovelies!
So Im going to jump on the bandwagon and go for the 30 Day Challenge. Hopefully youre not all too bored of this now! Ill still be posting other things, but Ill attempt to do this daily also ^^
So here we go! Im sure youve all seen it...
Day 1 – 10 things about your lolita bubble.
Day 2 – 10 things you love in lolita.
Day 3 – 10 things you hate in lolita.
Day 4 – 10 different kinds of food you like.
Day 5 – 10 items from your wishlist.
Day 6 – 10 things you can’t live without in lolita.
Day 7 – 10 people who inspire your lolita style.
Day 8 – 10 songs that inspire you for lolita.
Day 9 – 10 things you will never do in lolita.
Day 10 – What’s in your bag?
Day 11 – One day in your lolita life in pictures.
Day 12 – A picture of yourself before lolita came in to your life.
Day 13 – A picture of your favorite sweets.
Day 14 – A picture of your dream item.
Day 15 – A picture of your last lolita purchase.
Day 16 – Your outfit for the day.
Day 17 – What do you want more then anything right now?
Day 18 – A picture of your favorite lolita style.
Day 19 – What’s in your make-up bag?
Day 20 – A picture of a lolita friend.
Day 21 – Your favorite fictional lolita.
Day 22 – A picture of your room.
Day 23 – A picture of your handwriting.
Day 24 – A picture of you from a meet.
Day 25 – Your favorite lolita themed artwork.
Day 26 – Your Facebook profile picture.
Day 27 – One song that fits your favorite lolita style.
Day 28 – A picture of the perfect lolita location.
Day 29 – A picture of a lolita you would love to meet for real.
Day 30 – A photo of yourself taken today and 3 good things that’s happened over the last 30 days.

So here we go! Day 1: 10 Things about your Lolita bubble.
This confuses me a little because im not sure what a lolita bubble is exactly.. but from other peoples lists Im guessing its personal things you feel within lolita. I hope thats right!

1.) How proud I feel when Im in Lolita. Most subcultures are very quick to deny that they belong to a fashion group but ask a Lolita what subculture she belongs to and 9 times out of 10 she will tell you!

2.) Explaining to people who are genuinely interested. As long as people arent rude, I really dont mind being asked about lolita. It annoys me a fair bit when lolitas get so defensive to the point of rudeness when people ask about their clothing - some people are genuinely curious!

3.) Support from my friends and family. Half of my friends want me to dress them up, and Ill never forget the day my sisters boyfriend came round when I was painstakingly ironing half of my collection, and he compared it to having a nice car - you wouldnt buy a super special expensive car and not wash it, so why wear lolita creased!

4.) Progression. I brought my first lolita dress when I was 15 in Camden market. Of course I wouldnt be seen dead in it now, its a bit of a lace monster and at that point I didnt have the means to buy a blouse, petticoat or any other necessities to make it a proper outfit, but I absolutely treasured it at the time, and I like being able to see how Ive progressed into better coords, and being able to wonder what I will put together next.

5.) Being able to take inspiration from many different types of lolita. Although sweet has my heart, I love classic, and part of me will always long to be as elegant as some gothic lolitas, but I like that theres always a possibility to take inspiration from different places.

6.) Lolita activities. I know its cliche.. but I love going to tea rooms and for walks in beautiful places, and baking. Its like having things I loved anyway encompassed into a fashion!

7.) Lolita art. Ive always loved art and even considered it for my degree for quite some time, and lolita really fuels that for me. The first lolita artist i really noticed was Kira Imai with her beautiful pieces for Angelic Pretty, and then for our anniversary my boyfriend brought me an incredible book about lolita artists (Ill be posting about this soon) and another artist really captured my heart.
Isnt it so beautiful! Im planning on copying some parts to learn the style and then create some of my own designs this summer. you can see more of Yoh here:
http://www.yoh-gallery.net/main.html

8.) That special feeling when I open my wardrobe and see a significant portion of it is lolita. Im funding myself through university, and I find it very hard to hold down a job in term time because I have too much reading to do so though it takes me a while and I own no brand, I still get super happy to see lots of frills and beautiful colours dominating my wardrobe.

9.) The fact that Lolita has been the only thing thats ever been able to move me away from my safety colour - black!

10.) The way Lolita has made me appreciate my boyfriend who always supports me even if its just by holding my hand in a busy place, it makes me feel a lot less alienated. Boyfriends of Lolitas are the best boyfriends in the world.

I hope I did that right! I had to try really hard not to overlap with tomorrows 10 Things I Love in Lolita ! I hope I didnt go on too much, thanks for reading princesses!

3 comments:

  1. OMG I think I'm gonna do this in my Facebook!
    One of my favorites things in Lolita is all the art movement around it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny you are going to do this challage too:D

    As I said on my blog, me and my boyfriend have been together for one year today, and I'm so happy he still thinks I'm beautiful, even though I'm wearing Lolita... (He sometimes think I over dress sometime with pink and bright colors, but then I satisfy him with some black outfits :P then he's happy again xD)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Boyfriends of Lolitas are the best boyfriends in the world.'

    Ha I agree =P lolita has made me a bit of a crazy person but he still loves me anyway, and he likes the clothes because he knows that when I'm wearing it I've made a much bigger effort with my appearance than usual xP

    ReplyDelete